Situated at the Westerly end of the High Street, nearby a mix of occupier types including St Margaret’s Hospice, Ye Olde Sweet Shoppe, The City Arms, Andre’s Caf頡mongst others and in a convenient location between St Cuthbert’s Church and the High Street. Short term parking immediately nearby.
Ground floor retail, within grade II listed building, unit ideally suited to an A1 use but last occupied by Subway, so may suit other similar user types. The retail unit will be cleared prior to occupation.
Main retail area width 6.75m x 6.43m, open to former serving/retail area (22.05m2), Kitchen (19.56m2), Storeroom (13.26m2), rear retail area (13.20m2), WC (3.15m2).
Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Available to let immediately on new lease terms to be negotiated. Also available for sale with the uppers; see separate details.
Available to let on terms to be negotiated, subject to the following suggested minimum terms:
• Internal repairing and insuring basis.
• Tenant will be responsible for all outgoings including services, business rates etc.
• Tenant to reimburse landlord buildings insurance premium.
• Upward only rent review year 3 to the higher of OMR or RPI linked.
• Tenant will make a reasonable contribution towards Landlords legal costs of £350 + VAT
• A deposit will be payable.
Mendip District Council
Tel: 0300 303 8588
Rateable Value – £15,750
The property is not elected for VAT.
Tenant will make a reasonable contribution towards Landlords legal costs of £350 + VAT
1. It is confirmed that an Asbestos Survey under the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012 has not been commissioned, and where required this will be the responsibility of the ingoing tenant.
2. The Code of Practice on Commercial Leases in England and Wales recommends that prospective tenants should seek professional advice from a qualified property adviser before entering a legally binding contract. Copies of the Code can be obtained from http://www.leasingbusinesspremises.co.uk
By appointment only through the agents Cooper and Tanner LLP.
Telephone 03450 347758