Rare opportunity to acquire the freehold of a prominent Grade II listed building in the centre of Glastonbury High Street.
The opportunity has arisen due to Vendor’s desire to retire from the specialist gift and jewellery business “Yin Yang”, which currently occupies the retail part of the building. The business, established for over 20 years, is also available for sale as a going concern, or for rent on a new 10-year lease.
In addition, there is a self-contained retail/office space on the ground floor at the rear of the property (Whalebone Mews) currently let. There is access via the Mews to the upper floors. First floor provides three good-sized owner-occupied consultation rooms/offices. On the second floor there is a large two bedroom flat. Newly refurbished to a high standard.
It is an attractive and versatile building and an excellent opportunity for an owner occupier retailer or investor.
Attractive Grade II listed building in prominent High Street location
• Various income opportunities and scope to reconfigure
• Superb retail premises currently occupied by Yin Yang. Potential to acquire existing retail business and stock. By separate negotiation
• First floor consultation rooms, previously let per room basis offering excellent rental income potential or scope to create a flat, STPP
• Separate self-contained, ground floor, retail unit. Short term let
• Large, two-bedroom, second floor flat, in excellent order. Currently let on Assured Shorthold Tenancy
• CCTV, intruder, and fire alarms.
Agents note: Some photographs taken by the Vendor not taken at date of marketing commencing.
Council Tax Band/Business Rates
10 C (Second Floor Flat) – Council Tax Band B
10 (Ground and First Floor) - £17,750
10B (Part Ground): £2,600 (small business rate relief may apply)
Tenure Freehold, subject to existing leases
• EPC Rating – Flat: C
By appointment only